Pinterest is the best place to find free patterns. This week’s Friday 5 Favorite are motifs that I love to use in my projects. Most of them work up really quickly, can be attached as you go, so you don’t have to go back and sew them together, and will make your knowledge of crochet seem like you have a PhD!
1) Crochet Hexagons: This is one of my favorite motifs of all time. I make a great Garden Flower Hexagon Baby Blanket using this pattern.
2) Squaring the Circle Crochet Pattern — This is a great fast motif. I tend to make the circles first then square them all off and connect them as I go.
3) Prairie Star Afghan Diamond. This complicated looking star is REALLY easy to do and if you join-as-you-go you can make a large project in a short amount of time. There are several configurations of the diamonds to never let you get bored of these simple shapes.
4) “Lace Square” — Easy motif that makes a pretty lace cloth when join-as-you-go.
5) Beautiful Shells — This can be worked as a square blanket or you can make smaller motifs and join a few of them together to make a block blanket.
What’s your favorite motif? Is it one of these?
Leave me a comment and let me know if I’m missing one of your favorites!